The sleeping bags are widely used by the people, who need to spend nights at odd places where there is no provision of sleeping comfortably on the beds. The sleeping bags protect people from shivering cold of the night temperatures, when they need to sleep out in the open. These sleeping bags provide the collective comforts of a thick mattress, a warm blanket and also the safety of a shelter. Hence, the travelers always prefer to include a sleeping bag of reputed brand in their luggage for distant travels. However, they need to know about certain factors that will help them in choosing the best sleeping bags to fulfill their requirements.
Major aspects that aid in choosing the best sleeping bags
- Physical weight – The weight of the sleeping bag is a prime criterion, as it should be comfortably portable for the buyer. A huge and heavy sleeping bag can pose real problem in packing for the traveler and may be difficult in carrying on flights, while traveling to foreign countries. So, ideally a lightweight sleeping bag should be chosen for distant tours.
- Provision of warmth – The warmth provided by the sleeping bag is a vital factor for a buyer, mainly if he is supposed to visit hilly regions or places with chilling cold weather. The sleeping bag should be perfectly insulated to hold back the warmth of the user’s body, for keeping him comfortably warm while sleeping inside it at nights. Moreover, it should not have much free internal space that may hinder in faster warming of the interior of the sleeping bag.
- Option of temperature rating – The industrial temperature rating is provided to a brand of sleeping bag, based on the fabrics used for making this bag, provision of sleeping pad, hydration inside the bag, the readiness for using it on high altitudes and several other important factors. Hence, the buyer should check the temperature rating of a sleeping bag, which reveals its capability of using during summers, winters or spring seasons.
- Dimensions of the bag – The length and the width of a sleeping bag should be perfectly matched according to the body size of the buyer. Any mismatch of the sizes can create lots of discomfort for him while trying to sleep inside it.
- Cost price – Many people have the idea that the sleeping bags are really expensive items. But now numbers of companies offer their sleeping bags in much cheaper costs that are affordable for the common people. Numbers of good sleeping bags are now available for prices below $100, which can be easily used by any traveler.
Hence, now it is quite easier to choose the best sleeping bags from the local market or online stores, due to the availability of wide varieties.